We’re going to start posting some of our favorite staff recipes. This month’s recipe: Black Bottom Cupcakes
So… Treat yourself…. but remember to brush and floss!
Black Bottom Cupcakes
Makes 48. Shared by: Jennifer Knutson, RDA. Roosevelt Dental Center staff.
Cream Cheese mixture
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350*. Line muffin cups with paper liners
- Beat cream cheese, egg, sugar & salt. Stir in chips; set aside
- Sift flour, sugar, sugar, Cocoa, salt & baking soda. Stir in water, oil, vinegar & vanilla: beat until; smooth
- Layer muffin cups as follows: 1/3 cup batter, ½ teaspoon cream cheese mixture, 1/3 full batter
- Repeat until all is used. Cool in pan.