Is your dental anxiety stopping you from visiting a dentist in Green Lake WA? Well, you’re not alone. Thousands of people across America are suffering from poor oral health because of dental anxiety. Plus, COVID-19 has intensified the fear in these people.
Unfortunately, neither the pandemic nor your fear will stop your oral problems from further progressing. In this article, we will give you tips on how to overcome dental anxiety during this pandemic.
How to Overcome Dental Anxiety During This Pandemic?
Let Your Dentist Know
If you have dental anxiety, you can call the clinic and let them know about your condition. This will help them prepare for your appointment, so you can be the most comfortable and relaxed you can be. There are now ways to ease dental anxiety. There’s sedation dentistry, early morning appointment, or music therapy.
Follow Sanitation and Disinfection Protocols
If you feel like this pandemic intensified your dental anxiety, know that there are ways to deal with this. Follow sanitation and disinfection protocols, including the following:
- Wear a face mask when going to the dentist
- Always wash your hands for 20 seconds or use 60% alcohol
- Practice social distancing at all times
- Avoid touching high-touch surfaces in the clinic
- Educate yourself on how to reduce your risk of infection
- Ask your dentist what they’re doing to ensure your safety
Plan Your Appointment Ahead
To give you a sense of control, plan your dental appointment.
- Set the time of your appointment.
- Prepare everything you will need, like your insurance docs, protective gear, and sanitation kits.
- Bring a disinfectant spray for your shoes, car, or other goods.
- As much as possible, wait in your car until it’s your turn.
Looking for a Dentist in Green Lake WA?
Don’t let this pandemic or your dental anxiety stop you from getting the dental care you deserve. Set an appointment with a dentist in Green Lake WA today! At Roosevelt Dental Center, we will make sure that your dental appointment is an affordable and pleasant experience. Contact us for inquires!